8 Tips for Creating an Unforgettable Customer Service Experience
It’s my job to never forget what it’s like to be a customer. I treat all my customers, whether virtual or face-to-face, as I would like to be treated. Follow these 8 tips for customer service success.
- Always greet your customers and, whenever possible, by name. People love to be remembered and feel special when they are recognized.
- Create a warm and welcoming environment. Dress your booth as you dress yourself or your home. Your booth is your home as long as you’re going to be there. Make it comfortable and a place you’re proud to invite guests into.
- Give your customer a personalized shopping experience. Encourage them to talk about their previous buying experience. That gives you a focal point for their next purchase. Be attentive to their likes and dislikes.
- Be generous with your time and your expertise. Help your customers make the proper selection so that you will gain their trust and they will feel confident about making their next purchase.
- Be attentive to the customer and go the extra mile. If they want it longer, lengthen it. If they want it shorter, shorten it. If they want it purple, purplify it. Make it so it’s right for them, not what’s expedient for you. Give them more than they expect.
- Be grateful for your customer loyalty and reward it. Special orders? Of course. Free shipping? Sure thing! Lost an earring? Make you a new one. No hassles, no hems, no haws. Glad to make it easy. Long term customer loyalty is much more important than a single sale.
- Remember that the customer experience doesn’t end when the sale is complete. Treating your customers right will give them a reason to come back. People remember when they’re treated right and even more when they’re treated poorly.
- Be willing to admit and apologize for mistakes when you make them. Ship the wrong thing? So sorry, let me ship you the right thing and for the inconvenience, here’s a merchandise credit on your next purchase. Apologize for your mistakes and make your best effort to make it right.
I feel my mission as an artist and businesswoman is to continually surprise, delight and come up with new ideas that will entice my customers to buy my work. I am grateful for their patronage and I let them know it. In the end, gratitude is golden.
©Victoria Tane Studios 2011
Artist, entrepreneur, inventor and jewelry designer for nearly 30 years, Victoria Tane creates a diverse line of accessories, using natural, recycled, and vintage elements. An avid upcycler, she is inspired to find new uses for old things not generally associated with jewelry. She seamlessly integrates these objects into her jewelry to create elegant, affordable and wearable art. Asked where she gets her ideas, she replies, “I never look at the way things are. Rather, I always look at the way they could be.” Connect with Victoria Tane Studios online: Website, Facebook , Twitter