You may not know Jason from JJMFinance , but he just wrote a book called Etsy-preneurship. Jason is also part of the Handmadeology team and is the mastermind behind all the business tools that Handmadeology offers. His book is available on Amazon right now!
Here is a bit about his new book!
Most Etsy sellers are confident in their crafting and artistic capabilities. However, many need guidance on the business-related intricacies of starting and maintaining a successful Etsy business. Etsy-preneurship helps existing and potential Etsy sellers understand the business fundamentals needed to become a small business owner on Etsy, including taxes, bookkeeping, marketing, finances, administrative tasks, daily operations, legal requirements, business plans, and improving your business skills. This book will help you make the jump from enjoying your handmade/craft/art hobby to running a profitable business.
- Etsy-preneurship offers step-by-step advice on what it takes to bring in extra income or even one day run a full-time business on Etsy
- Outlines the basic business skills and knowledge you need to run a business on Etsy
- Explains how Etsy makes entrepreneurship attainable for everyone
Each chapter even includes a downloadable business spreadsheet tool to help you put the steps into action. This book empowers Etsy sellers to turn their handmade hobby into a thriving business by employing foundational business concepts.
Contents of Etsy-preneurship:
- Chapter 1 – Etsy + Entrepreneurship = Etsy-preneurship
- Chapter 2 – Creating a Business Plan
- Chapter 3 – Bookkeeping
- Chapter 4 – Taxes
- Chapter 5 – Finances
- Chapter 6 – Legal
- Chapter 7 – Operations
- Chapter 8 – Marketing
- Chapter 9 – Etsy Community: 40 Etsy Tips, Tricks, and Nuggets
- Chapter 10 – Practicing Business Self-Development
- Chapter 11 – Encouragement and Next Steps
- Chapter 12 – Advanced Application Internal Study: Etsy Shop Ratios
- Chapter 13 – Advanced Application External Study: Etsy Marketplace Trends That Impact Your Business
List of Downloadable spreadsheets, tools, forms, and eBooks that come with Etsy-preneurship:
- Mission, Vision, Values, and Competency Statements
- Creating Your Etsy Business Plan
- Bookkeeping Quiz – Finding Your Solution
- Tax Calculator – Schedule C
- Pricing Tool and Formula
- Business Structure Quiz – Finding Your Perfect Fit
- Productivity Log
- Defining Your Operational Standards
- The 30-Day Marketing Method
- Sales Countdown Goal Tracker
- Customer Service Ebook
- Etsy Articles (Top 100) List
- Self-Development Resource Guide and Learning Opportunity Planner
- Extended Interview Ebook
- Next Steps – Commitment Statement and Planning Tool
- Etsy Shop Ratio Calculator
- Etsy Weather Report Analysis
If you are looking to turn your Etsy hobby into a thriving business, Etsy-preneurship is the perfect tool!