Etsy Tips – Relisting Power 2:1 Ratio
|Library Card Notebooks by CampfireDesigns.|
Many of us have Etsy shops, and “Relist” items frequently. Some of you may even use automatic relisting services. I wanted to tell you some things I did this year with my re-listed items because I’ve noticed a big difference in their sales ratio by making small changes.
I do Etsy part time and this year I was super busy with my real job. So, I was set and determined to sell the items that had been sitting in dead stock for awhile. Instead of just hitting “relist” like I used to, I went in and did four key things.
Here are some tips that worked for me:
- Lower the shipping cost and up the selling price. For instance, I went in and lowered the shipping by $3-$4 and upped the item price by $2-$3. What I really did was give $1 off my item. It is a proven fact that people will pay more for an item if it has less shipping. I read a survey about this done awhile back.
- Redo a few photos, or pretty them up using Picnik or other free services. If I didn’t have time to take new photos, I’d enhance the first one to make it look better. Or, switch the photos order. I was surprised at how much better of a photographer I became after following some of Handmadeology’s photography tips.
- Review and change at least THREE or more keywords. This forces you to look at your words. I immediately noticed that I had forgotten some great keywords and spelled others wrong. I had some old team tags in there of a team I was no longer on. I noticed on some older listings I hadn’t used all my tags! Now if you are really stuck for good keywords, look up a competitor’s listing and see what words they are using. Maybe they will shed light on something you forgot!
|From Ms Kittys Closet on Etsy….|
- Change the order of the title of the item. Think of the first few title words as “power words.” Let’s say we have an item currently labeled as Sale Clearance Cute and Adorable Pink Plaid Long Strappy Handbag. I would revise this to Pink Purse Handbag Tote Plaid, strappy sale clearance.. The five power words went in the front and instead of just calling it handbag, I added purse and tote. I nixed the cute and adorable, they can see that from the picture. You should get creative and make sure you are using words that honestly describe your item. Can you say RELEVANCE?
Now, just making small changes worked for me. I checked my shop stats to prove it. Last year I ranged around 400+ items in my shop. This year I had only a few over 200+ at any given time because I was trying to turn over the dead stock. So here are my numbers:
- I only listed 133 New listings ….that’s about 11 per month which is really not much at all.
- However, I Renewed 212 listings, almost double my new listing ratio!
Now, I sold 330 items this year so far…so there you have it, proof in the pudding! With a 2:1 relist ration, it’s clear and obvious by using these tips they are helping. I am even taking my own advice if I have to relist twice! Change is good! I hope this helped you in some way, and that you will use your shop stats and think about your re-lists!♥