Simple How-To – Adding a Facebook “Like” Button to a Blogger Blog
Ever Wonder How your Favorite Blogs Got That Groovy FaceBook “Like” Button on Their Blogger Blog?
It’s a Snap!
1. Go to your fan page
2. click on “Edit Info” (upper right)
3. click on “Marketing” on the left side
4. click on “Add a Like Box to your Website”
5. Put your pages link/ address in the box titled “Facebook Page URL”
6. Tweak the settings
Mine is 175 width, in order to line up with my other widgets
I chose light because Dark is a black background, too dark for my blog
I chose not to “show stream” because it looked too busy for my blog
I chose “show faces” because I like to see my friends
I chose “show header” because you can click and go to my FB page
7. Hit: ”get code”
8. Copy either “iframe” or “xfbml” code. I used “xfbml” and it worked. That is all I know about this step. This is the only scary step.
8. Go to your blog , sign in and click on “design”. (I use the new Blogger Platform, I am not sure of the steps to get to “design” on the older format.
9. You will see your boxes with “add a gadget”, click on one.
11. Title it (that’s up to you)
12. Paste the content that you copied in the “content” section and save.
13 Check your blog and see where it ended up. Give it a few seconds to load
14. You can go back in to design and move it around. You just drag that “widget” to wherever you want it.